Dear EMS Families,
It’s hard to believe that we are coming so close to the end of the 2020-21 school year. At the most recent Engage EMS PTO meeting, I spent some time reflecting upon all the topics that had been covered at the Engage EMS meetings from August through the present. The range of topics and potential solutions that were discussed as we all navigated this year together were immense. I need to thank all families as we made our way through this incredibly complex year with guidelines that continually evolved.
Looking forward, we also discussed the 8th grade Celebration of Learning event:
– It will be on Monday, June 14, at 2:30pm. (The rain date is June 15.)
– It will be conducted outdoors at the BHS campus.
– Each student will have access to 2 tickets to give to family members; this will be the policy for all ceremonies in Burlington School District due to Covid guidelines.
Also, please be aware that we have four half-days coming:
– June 7 = 11:30am dismissal for parent conferences
– June 8 = 11:30am dismissal for parent conferences
– June 11 = last day of school for 8th grade students
– June 14 = 11:30am dismissal for 6th & 7th grade (Afternoon Celebration of Learning)
– June 15 = 11:30am dismissal for 6th & 7th grade (Last day of school)
The return to having students on-site 4 days has been very smooth, and we are grateful to have students with us. We miss our fully remote students, and we look forward to having them returning on-site in the fall.
Take care, and enjoy these beautiful days