EngageEMS will host its next meeting on Tuesday, 12/6 from 6-7pm. The meeting will be in the EMS Library, but families can also join remotely here.
Title I Information Session @ 7-7:30pm – See slides here.
Immediately following the EngageEMS meeting, Principal Sabrina Westdijk with host EMS’s annual information session on Title I. This meeting will also be in the library, and can be joined remotely (link TBA). This info session will provide an opportunity to learn detailed information about what it means to be a Title I school, and what family rights and school responsibilities that entails.
Districtwide, Title I funds support:
- Multilingual Liaisons and Multilingual Liaison Coordinator
- Summer programs
- Homeless students
- Personalized Learning Specialist – embedded PD, grades 6-12
- Technical and leadership team support for developing CIPs
- Online tools for reading assessment, digital student portfolios, math, informational articles
- BSD Coordinator of the Office of Engagement
- Parent Engagement materials (at each school)
At EMS, Title 1 funds support:
- A Math Interventionist position
- A portion of our Food Science Coordinator position, which spreads across several schools.