Dear EMS Families,
When considering what ALL our children need in order to have a community where EVERYONE feels safe, respected, seen, heard and valued – KINDNESS is a fit for 100%.
Yesterday’s acts of kindness came in many different forms including:
- Valentine notes were made and delivered all day long thanks to PTO volunteers.
- Baked goods from EMS families for the faculty led to countless smiles and undoubtedly the passing on of kindness throughout the day.
As our hearts are warmed from yesterday’s festivities, I would challenge all of us to consider how we promote and model this kindness every day. Consider how kindness :
- translates to the ways in which you’re encouraging your child to use their social media.
- drives the topic of dinner conversations.
- affects when you join into discussions during carpool to and from after-school activities.
Recently Matt Chandler wrote a blog for our EMS community on a documentary about Mr. Rogers. While it was initially intended for educators, the message will undoubtedly resonate and hopefully inspire EMS families as well.
In partnership and with gratitude,