Participation Expectations for the End-of-Year Events
We hope that all students will be able to participate in end-of-the-year events. The expectation is that students continue to follow the EMS school rules and complete assignments, projects, and homework to the best of their abilities. The following guidelines are provided to help you continue with your good behavior and academic focus as you finish the school year on a strong note.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Arrive to class on time and prepared.
- Keep hats and hoods off.
- Keep all personal electronic devices out of sight.
- Follow reasonable requests and be respectful to all students and adults (including guest teachers).
- Complete assignments, projects, and homework.
In order to participate in end-of-the-year events, students must not receive:
- An out of school suspension from now until the end of the year.
- More than five detentions (from any combination of teachers) from now until the end of the year.
Finally, students are expected to turn in all books (library materials) and their iPads before participating in end-of-the-year events.
Failure to meet the above expectations may jeopardize a student’s opportunity to participate in end-of- the-year activities. If a student does not follow the above expectations, the administration will meet with the student in order to develop a personal behavior contract.
All final decisions will be made at the discretion of Edmunds Middle School administrators.